Winter is coming, but that does not mean you have to give up on your outdoor workouts. Whether you love running, hiking, cycling, or skiing, you can still enjoy the fresh air and the scenery while staying warm and comfortable. The key is to wear the right gear, especially on your legs. In this blog post, we will explain why thermal leggings are necessary for winter workouts, what features to look for in them, and our top recommendations from Baleaf, a leading brand of activewear. We will also share some tips on how to maintain and care for your thermal leggings, so they last longer and perform better. Let's get started!
Why Thermal Leggings are Essential for Winter Workouts
Thermal leggings are not your average pair of leggings. They are specially designed to keep your legs warm and cozy in cold weather, while also wicking away sweat and moisture from your skin. Thermal leggings are comprised of two layers: the inner layer is soft and breathable fabric that retains heat and produces an insulation layer, and the outer layer is durable and elastic fabric that resists wind and water. Thermal leggings also have a snug fit that hugs your curves and supports your muscles, reducing fatigue and soreness.
Thermal leggings are essential for winter workouts because they help with regulating your body temperature, preventing heat loss, and preventing hypothermia. They also protect your skin from frostbite, chafing, and irritation. Thermal leggings can also improve your performance and endurance by enhancing blood circulation and oxygen delivery to your muscles. Plus, they make you look stylish and confident in any outdoor setting.
Features to Look for in Winter Thermal Leggings
Thermal leggings are designed to trap heat and keep your legs comfortable in cold weather. But not all thermal leggings are created equal. Here are some features to look for in winter thermal leggings that will make your winter wardrobe more versatile and stylish.
The fabric should be soft, smooth, and comfortable on your skin, but also durable, stretchy, and resistant to abrasion, pilling, and fading. Look for fabrics that have a high percentage of polyester or nylon, as they are more durable and moisture-wicking than cotton or wool. Some fabrics also have spandex or elastane for extra stretch and flexibility.
The weight of the fabric determines how warm and thick the leggings are. Lighter fabrics are more breathable and suitable for mild to moderate cold weather, while heavier fabrics are more insulating and suitable for extreme cold weather. The weight of the fabric is usually measured in grams per square meter (gsm) or ounces per square yard (oz/yd). A good range for winter thermal leggings is between 200-300 gsm or 6-9 oz/yd.
The fit of the leggings should be snug but not too tight or too loose. You want the leggings to conform to your body shape and move with you without restricting your range of motion or causing discomfort. You also want the leggings to stay in place without sliding down or bunching up. Look for leggings that have a high-rise or mid-rise waistband that is wide and elasticated for a secure and flattering fit. You can also opt for leggings that have drawstrings or adjustable hooks for a customized fit.
The length of the leggings depends on your preference and the weather conditions. You can choose from full-length, 7/8 length, capri length, or cropped length. Full-length leggings cover your entire legs and ankles, providing maximum warmth and protection. 7/8 length leggings end just above your ankles, giving you a sleeker look and more freedom of movement. Capri length leggings end below your knees, allowing more airflow and ventilation. Cropped length leggings end above your knees, offering the least amount of coverage but the most breathability.
Pockets are a handy feature to have on your thermal leggings, especially if you need to carry your phone, keys, cards, or other essentials with you. Look for pockets that are deep enough to hold your items securely without bouncing or falling out. For added security, seek for pockets that include zippers or flaps. Some pockets are located on the sides of the legs, while others are located on the back of the waistband or hidden inside the waistband.
Reflective details are a safety feature that can make you more visible in low-light conditions, such as dawn, dusk, or nighttime. Reflective details can be found on the logos, seams, zippers, or patterns of the leggings. They reflect light from sources such as headlights, streetlights, or flashlights back to the source, making you stand out from the background.
Best Thermal Leggings Recommendations
Now that you know what features you need in winter thermal leggings, are you looking for the best thermal leggings to keep you warm and comfortable this winter? If so, these Baleaf thermal leggings might be just right for you.
1. Baleaf Women's Fleece Lined Winter Leggings
- Made of thick and cozy fleece fabric that keeps you warm and comfortable in cold weather.
- High-rise waistband, a gusseted crotch for a better fit, and flatlock seams for reduced chafing.
- 4 pockets: 2 side pockets, 1 rear pocket & 1 inner pocket
- Ideal for running, hiking, skiing, or lounging.
2. Baleaf Women's Thermal Running Tights
- These leggings are another great option for winter workouts.
- High-rise design provides maximum coverage while bending and stretching.
- Soft fleece lining traps heat & keeps you warm and cozy.
- 2 side pockets & hidden waistband pocket fits a card or a key.
- Perfect for running, cycling, or training.
3. Baleaf Women's High Waist Yoga Leggings
- One of the most popular and highly rated thermal leggings on the market.
- Soft, brushed fleece lining traps heat & keeps you warm and cozy.
- High-rise waistband with two side pockets and 1 hidden waistband pocket, and flatlock seams ensure no chafing.
- Great for yoga, Pilates, or dance.
4. Baleaf Women's Thermal Fleece Ski Pants
- One of the thickest and warmest thermal leggings you can find.
- Made of polyester and spandex fabric that protects you from the elements.
- Fleece lining that provides warmth and comfort.
- A wide selection of colors - there's one for every mood.
- Suitable for skiing, snowboarding, or snowshoeing.
5. Baleaf Women's Thermal Compression Leggings
- These leggings are another amazing option for winter workouts.
- Made of compression fabric that supports your muscles and improves blood circulation.
- A wide waistband offers maximum coverage & keeps your tummy in check.
- 2 side pockets for convenient storage.
- Ideal for running, gym, or sports.
6. Baleaf Women's Thermal Fleece Hiking Pants
- Made of durable and stretchy fabric that resists abrasion and pilling.
- Fleece lining that offers warmth and comfort.
- A wide waistband offers maximum coverage & keeps your tummy in check.
- 1 zipper pocket on the back to store your essentials.
- Suitable for hiking, camping, or climbing.
7. Baleaf Women's Thermal Fleece Cycling Tights
- Made of breathable and quick-drying fabric that wicks away sweat and moisture.
- Fleece lining that keeps you warm and cozy.
- Reflective details, leg grippers, and ankle zippers for easy on and off.
- Perfect for cycling, spinning, or commuting.
Maintenance and Care Tips
Thermal leggings are a must-have for winter, especially if you love outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, or running. But how do you take care of your thermal leggings to make them last longer and perform better? Here are some tips to help you out.
- Wash your thermal leggings in cold water with mild detergent. Avoid using bleach, fabric softener, or dryer sheets as they can damage the fabric or reduce its performance.
- Turn your thermal leggings inside out before washing to prevent pilling or fading.
- Wash your thermal leggings separately or with similar colors to avoid staining or bleeding.
- Use the gentle or delicate cycle on your washing machine to prevent stretching or shrinking.
- Hangs dry your thermal leggings or tumble dry them on low heat. Avoid using high heat as it can damage the fabric or cause it to lose its shape.
- Store your thermal leggings in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
Winter is no excuse to stop working out outdoors. With the right thermal leggings, you can stay warm, comfortable, dry, and stylish while enjoying your favorite activities. Baleaf offers a wide range of thermal leggings for different types of workouts, climates, and preferences. Whether you need fleece-lined leggings for extra warmth, compression leggings for extra support, or yoga leggings for extra flexibility, Baleaf has you covered.
So, what are you waiting for? Check out Baleaf's thermal leggings. And don't forget to use our exclusive coupon code BLOG10 to get 10% off your first order!
Remember, winter is not an obstacle but an opportunity to challenge yourself and have fun. With Baleaf's thermal leggings, you can stay active and enjoy outdoor exercise year-round with the right gear.