If you love outdoor adventures, you know how important it is to have the right gear. And one of the most essential items for any hiker is a pair of cargo hiking pants. But how do you choose the best ones for your next adventure? This blog post will walk you through the process of selecting the best cargo hiking pants for your needs.
What are cargo hiking pants?
Cargo hiking pants are trousers designed specifically for hiking and other outdoor activities. They usually have multiple pockets, some with zippers or flaps, to store your essentials such as phone, keys, wallet, snacks, map, etc. They also have features that make them comfortable and adaptable to different weather conditions and terrains, such as stretchy fabric, adjustable waistband, articulated knees, ankle zippers, etc.
Cargo hiking pants can enhance your outdoor adventures in many ways.
- Keep you warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather.
- Protect you from sunburn, insects, scratches, and abrasions.
- Allow you to move freely and comfortably on any terrain.
- Provide you with ample storage space for your gear and personal items.
- Make you look stylish and professional.
Know Your Adventure
Before you buy a pair of cargo hiking pants, you need to know what kind of adventure you are planning. Different types of adventures require different types of cargo hiking pants. For example:
- Day hike: you might want a pair of lightweight and breathable cargo hiking pants that can keep you comfortable and dry throughout the day.
- Multi-day trek: you might want a pair of durable and water-resistant cargo hiking pants that can withstand wear and tear and protect you from rain and mud.
- Winter expedition: you might want a pair of insulated and windproof cargo hiking pants that can keep you warm and cozy in freezing temperatures.
Elements to Consider
Cargo hiking pants are a popular choice among hikers because they offer many benefits, such as extra pockets, durability, and versatility. Once you know your adventure type, you can start looking for the best cargo hiking pants that suit your needs. But how do you choose the best cargo hiking pants for your next adventure? Here are some elements to consider:
The material of your cargo hiking pants should be comfortable, breathable, and durable. You want a fabric that can withstand abrasion, moisture, and dirt, but also feel soft and light on your skin. Some common materials for cargo hiking pants are nylon, polyester, cotton, and blends of these fabrics.
- Nylon and polyester are synthetic fabrics that are strong, quick-drying, and resistant to wrinkles and fading.
- Cotton is a natural fabric that is soft, breathable, and comfortable, but it can also absorb moisture, wrinkle easily, and fade over time.
- Blends of these fabrics can offer the best of both worlds, depending on the ratio and quality of the materials.
Fit and Comfort
Cargo hiking pants that fit well and are comfortable, tend not to be too tight or too baggy, pants that are too tight can restrict your movement and cause chafing, while pants that are too loose can sag and get caught on branches or rocks.
Preferably with a waist belt or drawstring so you can customize the fit to your liking. Additionally, you want pants that have a gusseted crotch, which is a triangular piece of fabric that allows more room and flexibility in the groin area.
Mobility is another key element to consider when choosing cargo hiking pants. For freedom and comfort to move across different terrains and activities. Cargo hiking pants are best with articulated knees, these seams follow the natural shape of the knee and allow for more flexibility.
Pockets are one of the main features of cargo hiking pants.
They provide extra storage space for your essentials, such as your phone, wallet, keys, map, snacks, etc. Preferably with zippers or buttons, so you do not lose your items while hiking. Moreover, the pockets are strategically placed and easy to access, such as on the sides or thighs of your pants.
Moisture-wicking is another quality to look for in cargo hiking pants. Moisture-wicking is the ability of a fabric to move sweat away from your skin and evaporate it quickly. This can keep you dry and cool while hiking.
Moisture-wicking fabrics are usually synthetic or blended fabrics that have a smooth surface and a tight weave.
The weight of your cargo hiking pants should be light enough to not add extra burden to your backpack or body. Lightweight pants can also reduce fatigue and increase comfort while hiking.
However, Cargo pants should not be too thin or flimsy that they compromise durability or warmth.
Choosing waterproof cargo hiking pants is especially important if you plan to hike in winter or the rainy season. The water resistance of your cargo hiking pants should protect you from getting wet or damp by repelling water droplets or splashes.
However, not all hiking pants are waterproof. You should look for a pair that has water-resistant fabric that can prevent water from penetrating your cargo hiking pants.
The breathability of your cargo hiking pants should keep you cool and comfortable by allowing air to circulate through your cargo hiking pants. Has breathable fabric such as mesh panels, zippers, or vents that can increase airflow and reduce overheating.
UV protection is another feature to look for in cargo hiking pants. UV protection is the ability of a fabric to block or reflect ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. This can protect your skin from sunburn, premature aging, and skin cancer. The higher the UPF rating, the more UV protection the fabric provides. For example, a UPF 50+ rating means that the fabric blocks 98% of UV rays.
When buying hiking pants, you also need to consider the price factor.
In general, the price is determined by the brand, material, design, and function of the trousers: the more expensive the pants, the higher the quality and the additional features they offer.
However, you do not have to choose pricey hiking pants; high-quality hiking pants may be purchased for less than $100. When shopping, keep an eye out for coupons and discounts to maximize your savings.
Best Hiking Pants Recommendations
Anyone who loves hiking knows that cargo hiking pants will keep you comfortable, protected, and stylish on the go. But how do you choose the best one for your needs? Finding the right pair of hiking pants can be a complicated process for new hikers.
Laureate UPF50+ Hiking Pants or Flyleaf Cargo Pocketed Joggers:
- Made of polyester, nylon, and spandex blend that is durable, comfortable, stretchy, quick-drying, water-resistant, and wrinkle-resistant.
- An elastic waistband with a drawstring that can adjust to different sizes and layers.
- Four pockets that can store your essentials securely.
- UPF 50+ rating that can protect you from sunburn.
- Easy-care instructions that can prevent fading, shrinking, or wrinkling.
- Stylish and professional design that can suit any occasion.
- A reasonable price that is affordable for most hikers.
We hope this blog post has helped you find the best cargo hiking pants for your next adventure. Whether you are going on a day hike, a multi-day trek, or a winter expedition, we are sure you will enjoy wearing the Baleaf Best Hiking Pants. They are durable, comfortable, adaptable, functional, and fashionable.
Try them out for yourself and see how they hold up on the trail. And don't forget to share your experiences or ask questions in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you and learn from your feedback.